For those of you who have known me for a long time, you’ll know that I have a tradition of making a compilation of tracks I’ve been listening to (new-ish and old – so it’s not a ‘songs of the year’ CD, necessarily).
This year is no exception and so, without ado, here’s this year’s track listing. I’ve also added a Spotify playlist for those of you who have it and am also going to try to turn it into a podcast.
1) Talk Like That – The Presets
2) The Bachelor – Patrick Wolf
3) Too Young to Love – The Big Pink
4) Poison Arrow – Sonic Youth
5) Signs – Bloc Party
6) Who Can Say? – The Horrors
7) By The Time – MIKA and Imogen Heap
8 ) Slaughter Killing Carnage (The Meaning of Words) – A Sunny Day in Glasgow
9) Forever Young – Youth Group
10) Better Off as 2 (acoustic) – FrankMusik
11) The Flood – Simon Bookish
12) Box n Locks – Mpho
13) Danger Makers (demo) – H Bird *
14) Feel The Love – Cut Copy
15) Half Asleep – School of Seven Bells
16) Let Go of the Fear – Maps
17) I Am Not a Robot – Marina and the Diamonds
18) Pink and Glitter – Tori Amos
* H Bird aren’t on Spotify (yet!) so I’ve put another treat on the Spotify version: L’Amour et la Violence (Floating Points mix) – Sebastien Tellier
If anyone can suggest some free software that I can use to easily turn an iTunes or Spotify playlist into a podcast on a Mac, I’ll put up a podcast version too. (I’m sure I should know how to do this…)
download: curl up IN the fire
Enjoy – and Happy 2010 to everyone!